Thursday, April 12, 2012

King Cove, April 2012

 The Salmon Berry Bed and Breakfast.  See that treacherous slope there?  That's what I traversed in my simple O&M shoes with my luggage.  We couldn't get vehicles down to the driveway.  On my last day, trucking up that hill, here's how our conversation went.
"Be careful, Penny."
OK
"I hope you can get out." (referring to the car I had parked on top of the hill there)
Me, too
"Don't get stuck."
OK
"Don't slow down."
OK
"Don't go over the edge!"
Ooohh..Kaayyee...You can quit TAAALLLKING now...Good Bye!


These are eyes illuminated by the flash in my camera out my bedroom window.
 This is who those beady little green eyes belong to:  Eating canned salmon the B&B host threw out with some bacon for our furry little friends.  For Karen's sake (and anybody else's if it applies,) I won't post pictures of the fox pelts lying across the backs of chairs inside.  I just thought the whole thing ironic.




Baggage Claim at Cold Bay





My first time taking a real trip in a toy airplane:


I just kept remembering advice I got before I came to Alaska that I should only fly in these little airplanes if the pilots are old...or at least older than this little boy, I'm sure.  You already know the older pilots have survived.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment